So much has changed in this version that we figured it was about time to move to version #1 ...
New manual version released (We realised this hadn't been updated in a while ... only about 2 years old)
Updates for THIS release
- Add - All GUI - Disclaimer GUI shows on startup if disclaimer.htm or disclaimer_*language*.htm exists in scprompt dir (examples: disclaimer_english.htm or disclaimer_german.htm)
Add - All GUI - New tool menu to allow whiteboard writing on screen
Add - All GUI - New tool menu to Start Beacon GUI to call user back to screen.
Add - All GUI - Contextual menu to the Main GUI Screens (doesn't work too well on button or automatic GUIs - but otherwise works well)
Add - Auto GUI - translation are now available for this GUI type
Add - Auto GUI - Is now an option in GUI_Type within the INI (in addition to the commandline)
Add - Auto GUI - Option to disable Beeps on timer count-down ([Common] > GUIAUTOSILENT=1)
Add - Manual GUI - Is now an option in GUI_Type within the INI (will make settings manager easier to setup manual & automatic GUI's).
Add - Button GUI - Service Mode (untested, and needs refining, but its there)
Add - Builder - NSIS to Builder (i just made the Batch script into the autoit script ... so now it uses the directory name as the application name)
Add - Builder - Setting for Pre (Before) & Post (After) when creating the shortcuts in NSIS mode Builder.INI (best i can do at this point)
Add - Settings Manager - New settings manager (has 4 tabs in it now, to make selections a little easier to understand, and give me room to add more settings as required).
Add - Settings Manager - a "test it" button (or press "CTRL + T").
Add - Settings Manager - GUI (Accelerator) shortcut keys for Apply ("CTRL + S") and new test ("CTRL + T")
UPDATE - Settings Manager - now uses (most of) the latest settings and should be easier and better to use (a few of the minor setting left out, but it is enough for the moment)
UPDATE - All GUI - Change all Languages to use Seperate Language INI files (including English) to allow better selection of Languages and easier Maintenance into the future.
UPDATE - All GUI - Translations now all use the LANG_*****.INI files. All OS IDs are now automatic - may add manual override at a later date if required.
UPDATE - All GUI - Make sure all Translated Languages are in this release
FIX - Error with Combo GUI and one Predefined Connection + Manual (the Predefined connection would disapear - leaving only manual)
Removed - All GUI - Dependancy on [Common] > UsePredefined=1 has been removed as it is no longer needed due to setting Manual as a GUI_Type option
TO-DO for NEXT release
- Add - Translator - New App - allows easy selection and addition of languages - which can then be listed for blank translations
- Add - All GUI - If Admin, shutdown all known other versions of VNC before starting SCPrompt in servicemode, then start them up again on exit (save the services we stopped to a temp .ini to allow for recovery after support finishes, no matter how many reboots later that is)
- Add - Builder - Allow Setting of Company name and more from INI for NSIS package type
- Add - Settings Manager - Option to setup your own UVNC Password (and read the current one in if possible
- UPDATE - All GUI - UVNC version to 22.214.171.124+ (requires above in settings manager)
- UPDATE - Buttons GUI - Fix when manual button pressed, the manual address, port & ID inputs cannot be clicked (but can tab to them)
- UPDATE - All GUI - Get all translations updated !!!
- FIX - Auto GUI - Diagnose why the icon doesn't change on automatic GUI ... (why does it ?)
- Add - All GUI - Safemode starting of VNC server - The Latest BETA version of UVNC server allows for rebooting to safe mode ... so not needed anymore - just replace winvnc.exe with latest BETA (which is already a to-do for the next release)
SCPrompt is a versatile Remote Support Application by SecureTech. SCPrompt allows a person to create a customised Remote Support Tool for their company.
The Roll Your Own (RYO) download, allows you to create your own EXE to send to clients (or upload to your website) which when executed, creates a "reverse" VNC connection (Server tries to connect to listening Viewer).
For those that just want to test it before going through the hassle of learning it, try the "Ready To Roll" version, which allows manual entry of address and port details for easy connection.