Microsoft Windows 10 home is easily modified to add the Remote Desktop features. These feature are only normally available in the Professional version of win10 (pro).
You don’t need to pay for the professional version to have Remote Desktop services installed on your computer. Some smart people have worked out how install Remote Desktop Server on Win10 Home.
A good article explaining how to enable remote RDP access in Windows 10 Home edition, but sadly RDPWrap isn’t updated for the latest version of windows 10, So we decided to make it easier for people to find a working RDPWrap solution:
- Copy the files from the archive “RDPWrap-v1.6.2.zip” (or newer) to the “%ProgramFiles%\RDP Wrapper” directory.
- DO NOT use other location to install/extract the RDP Wrapper files, as it will not work,
USE ONLY the “%ProgramFiles%\RDP Wrapper” directory (normally C:\Program Files (x86)\RDP Wrapper)
- Copy the files/folder from the archive “autoupdate-v07.09.2019.zip” (or newer) to the “%ProgramFiles%\RDP Wrapper” directory
- To enable autorun of autoupdate.bat on system startup, run the folling helper batch file as administrator: “%ProgramFiles%\RDP Wrapper\helper\autoupdate__enable_autorun_on_startup.bat”
- Set in your Antivirus/WindowsDefnder an exclusion on the folder “%ProgramFiles%\RDP Wrapper” to prevent the deletion of RDP Wrapper files
- Now you can use the autoupdate batch file to install and update the RDP Wrapper. Please run the following autoupdate batch file as administrator: “%ProgramFiles%\RDP Wrapper\autoupdate.bat”