SecureVNC Plugin allows secure communications between UVNC viewer and server. The following steps show how-to Add SecureVNC plugin to secure SCPrompt.
As SCPrompt uses UVNC server at its core, its easy to modify SCPrompt to use SecureVNC Plugin which secures connections between ultravnc components using AES-256
By using an encryption module (DSM in UVNC world), you can be assured that only the person with a correctly configured SCPrompt server can connect to the viewer and only the viewer from the person who created the SCPrompt is able view remote computers using SCPrompt created by you.
- download scprompt Roll-your-own and unzip to a suitable location.
- download SecureVNC.dsm.
- place SecureVNC.dsm in the same folder as scprompt.exe
(there are all conf files and others)
- Next step is to configure your ultravnc.ini.
You can make it by your hands or just start winvnc.exe in the scprompt directory and configure it through the program properties.
All changes made in program gui will be written to ultravnc.ini in the scprompt directory
- Enable SecureVNC.dsm plugin (by hands or through gui).
- Configure scprompt.ini through gui (provided by settings_manager.exe).
- “build” scprompt.
- run uvncviewer in listen mode, don’t forget to:
- copy SecureVNC.plugin to vncviewer’s directory
- make uvncviewer use SecureVNC.plugin.
- Enjoy the secure opensource goodness